Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fried Bologna Sandwich



Yesterday while at Safeway, a childhood memory from when I was around nine or ten, suddenly popped into my head. I distinctly remember eating Fried Bologna Sandwiches with my sister and our friends. The craving was emerging, so I had to run with it; knowing this was not the healthiest thing on earth to eat. I had to bring it to the next level and put the Authentic Suburban Gourmet touch on it. Proceeded to cut off the crusts and toast, used dijon mustard and juicy tomatoes. Super tasty and now I hear the treadmill calling my name!

Ingredients:
Bologna
Sharp Cheddar Cheese slices
Mayonnaise
Dijon Mustard
Onion, thin slices
Tomato, thin slices
Good white bread

Heat up your skillet over medium heat. There is no need to grease the pan. Place a couple slices of bologna in the pan. Make a slit in the bologna slice to prevent it from curling up. Cook until the edges start to brown a bit. Place the bologna slices on a paper towel.

Cut off the crusts of the white bread and toast both sides. Place the slice of sharp cheddar cheese on one side of the bread and melt under the broiler.

To assemble – brush the bread with mayonnaise on each side along with dijon mustard. Place three thin slices of red tomato and add the thin white onion. Add the two slices of cooked bologna and place the bread on top. Slice in half and enjoy!

Options:
1. Sautéed onions
2. Add your favorite chutney
3. Add arugula


1 comment:

  1. OMG - I totally remember these from my childhood - I will have to try it and then onto the treadmill I go.

    ReplyDelete

It simply makes me smile when I receive a new comment and I look forward to hearing from you!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com