Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blood Orange Martini



Several years ago while I was visiting London, I had the culinary experience of enjoying blood orange juice every morning for breakfast. It was produced by Tropicana and unfortunately, to this date, I am unable to find it locally in the states. A few weeks ago, I found blood oranges at Trader Joe's. I squeezed the juice and froze it, so I could enjoy this delicious Blood Orange Martini anytime.
.
Ingredients
• 4 ounces citrus flavored vodka
• 1/2 ounce triple sec or flavored orange liqueur
• 2 ounces blood orange juice
• 2 blood orange slices
.
In a martini shaker combine all ingredients except the blood orange slices with a generous amount of ice. Shake vigorously for a few seconds. Strain the libation from the ice into a martini glass. Rim the top of the martini glass with lemon sugar. Simply rub a lemon lightly along the edge and dip into lemon sugar. Garnish with the blood orange slices.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! All of these cocktails sound fabulous; light and fruity! I met you at the Tante Marie class in March and have really been enjoying your blog. Keep up the good cooking (and sharing)! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found blood orange juice at Whole Foods. I use it to make blood orange margaritas!

    ReplyDelete

It simply makes me smile when I receive a new comment and I look forward to hearing from you!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com